Friday, February 17, 2012

Fabric Luvvvvvv

Earlier this week I was in Joanne's and I spotted this home dec/upholstery? fabric.

 I don't know what it is, but it is a quite stiff and has rope it it. 

I immediately wanted it, but I knew that today a 50% + 10% more off sale started, so I waited and hoped it would not be gone. 

I was thrilled when I walked in and found it was still there. 

Then I got to the cutting counter and  was crushed when I found there was only a tad over 3 yards on the bolt. It's not enough for my project.  I have been thinking about my project for the past three days and I just could not walk out of that store without this fabric.  So the 3.33 yds. came home with me.

 I want to use it for  dining room chair covers (I bet many of you guessed that already).  Long time readers know that I am obsessed with dining room chair covers.  I stood it up against a chair to see what it would look it.

I think it's perfect for a new spring look in the dining room.  I just have to figure out how I can cover six chairs when I only have enough fabric for 4.5.  I have an idea mulling around my brain.  You all know when I make them, you will be the first to see the result. :)

I also picked up 3 yards of this "fishnet" fabric.
I thought I would make myself some new leg wear for work.

NOT!  I am well beyond wearing fishnets, though I do remember when I used to love them!

Of course this fabric is also for the dining room. Just imagine a bright red tablecloth with this thrown over it....or lime green tablecloth....the possibilities are endless.  I can't wait to set a table with it!

I get so excited over the littlest things. :)

I hope you all have a great weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Zoey-You might have your Joann Fabrics call the other stores to see if they have some of this fabric left. You might score some more.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought new fabric also to cover my dinette chairs (they are really like dining room chairs) in my kitchen eating area. It is a pretty bold fabric, hope I have enough fabric 2.50 yards to cover six seats!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zoey you had me wondering about that leg wear:)Chair covers look great..spring is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to see the new chair covers, I love the color in the pond print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Zoey I see what made you want that fabric...can't wait to hear how you solve the chair dilema...have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabrics are awesome and look so in your dining room. I try to get to Joann's when I go to my mom's as it's a few miles away. I haven't looked at fabric in ages. Have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you can figure out how to use it. It is going to be great! I used to wear fishnets,too. About 110 years ago~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...