I only made one color - orange cookie with brown swirl.
My swirl kept getting wider and wider as they cooled! LOL. I guess the icing was not thick enough.
It didn't take me long to realize that I was not going to do all 7 dozen of these cookies with that time consuming design. After about two dozen, I decided a quick lightening bolt of each color would take about one-tenth the time and be just wonderful.
The icing dried hard (I used meringue powder), so I was happy.
I froze most of them. This old Tupperware cake holder turned outside down makes a great cookie container for freezing. I put waxed paper between each layer.
Did you notice that flower on top of the tiered cookie plate?
Well, look again.
I made 8 of these today.
I think they are adorable. I found the directions for them while surfing early this morning. I am too tired to go find the link right now. If you really want it, just go to my quilting blog (there is a link up near the top right side). I posted it there earlier today.
I spent the rest of the day outside cutting down all the tall phlox and moving black-eyed Susans. After I could barely walk, I came inside and cooked a ton of meals for the upcoming week. I have a busy week with lots of appointments after work, so if I don't cook today, there will be nothing to eat all week.
I am tired and not intending to lift another finger unless I am using this keyboard!
Hope you all had a great weekend.
My Weekend Goal was to Make a Bench Pillow - I am happy to report that I accomplished that goal!
2 years ago