Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Been a Long Day away From Home

I left at my usual 6:30 a.m. this morning, but didn't return until nearly 7 p.m. tonight. I had a hair cut appointment at 3pm and a nail appt. at 4 p.m., so I left work at 2:50 p.m. and headed to the salon (I get everything done at the same place).

I walked in and everyone greeted me. I glanced over and saw that my hair stylist was busy with someone else so I sat down and picked up a magazine. After a few more minutes, I glanced over and saw that she was just beginning to cut the hair. Hmmmmmmm............not looking good.....is she that far behind?

A few minutes later one of the other stylists walked over and I whispered that I thought I was supposed to be in that chair. She gave me a raised eyebrow like that's not going to happen any time soon and offered to check the appointment book.

The look on her face said that something was amiss.

It seems that my appointment was down for tomorrow. It matters not who made the mistake. I must sit there wasting an entire hour before I could get my nails done. Which, the way, I had done in the exact same pink/orange/white as I had two weeks ago. I have really enjoyed that color. I could have left and went someplace, but it's a cold and windy day and I had to park a good 1/2 block away so I wasn't walking back to my car until I was headed home.

On the way home (5:15 pm) I decide that I am not feeling like cooking dinner (I can't really do much for two hours after the nails are done) so I called DH and asked if he wanted to go out dinner. He did. I told him I would be there in 5 minutes.

About two months ago I discovered a delicious meal that is the best meal I've had in ages. It consists of 7 medium-sized sauteed shrimp in a sauce of heavy cream and salsa (nice pink/orange color...gee, it even matched my nails!). The shrimp rest atop a handful of fresh lightly-wilted baby spinach leaves. You must take a bit of spinach, sauce and a shrimp in the same forkful.

OMG, it's like going to heaven without leaving earth. I wish I had taken my camera so I could show you what it looks like.

I also tried a French martini (thank you, Susie in CA for telling me about this a while back-I wrote it down and carried it in my purse so I would remember what to ask for). It's vodka, chambord (raspberry liqueur) and pineapple juice. Very tasty.

So my day went by fast, and tomorrow I will have to go back to the salon for the hair cut. I hate going to appointments after work, but at least I already have my chicken noodle soup made for tomorrow night.

So how was your day today?


  1. Zoe,

    What a day! atleast you have pretty nails and a full tummy

  2. I hope your chicken noodle soup turns out better then mine did today. I put all dark meat in the crock pot at 7 AM. At five when I returned, even the broth was dark. Never feeze chicken, it makes the bones dark.
    The broth looked like pork had been cooked in it.
    We still ate it, along with lots of cheese and crackers and deer sausage.
    We topped the evening off with homemade kettle corn! Yummo!

  3. Dang it all for you! Well, we'll hope you get a stunning do tomorrow!

  4. The shrimp dish and martini sound divine! : )
    Sorry you have to make a return trip to the salon-at least it wasn't for a boo-boo.

  5. Oh wow, I'd say you had a long day and having to wait for nothing for an appointment had to be frustrating. I always love the way you get your nails done:-) The shrimp dish does sound delicious and I'm glad that at least your day ended on a good note!! xoxo


I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...