Friday, December 28, 2007

This "Vacation" is Killing Me

I must get back to work soon so I can rest a little.

Last night about 7 p.m I decided to change rooms on three of my china cabinets. I get bored looking at them in the same spot and they need a good organizing anyway.

In order to move them EVERYTHING had to be removed. Let me tell you, I have them stuffed full.

So I removed everything last night and had DH help me move them all. He did not do it with a smile. In fact he was downright grumpy about it. I don't really understand why as I did ALL the work before and after they were moved. It took him about 15 minutes to finish his part.

I decided not to do any more until this morning. This is the mess I woke up to:



The living room was just as bad.

I worked from 6am until 2:30 p.m. with only one break for a cup of coffee and a handful of cookies. Someone finally gave us a nice assortment yesterday. :)

I gathered up all of my table linen from 4 different cabinets. I found all kinds of stuff I don't even remember buying--like that gorgeous floral and leopard print fabric. It will make a very unique table with my leopard print purse vase.
When I was done all of the tablecloths and napkins fit into one cabinet. The placemats on top had to go in a different one.
This cabinet used to hold a hodge podge of stuff and I never really knew what was there. One of the things it held was my peach lustre dishes. Now they are in the dining room cabinet.
Just look how neatly they are stored! It's a treat to open these doors now. I ended up removing the peach lustre from the top shelves since I decided to use a blue table runner.
Here is the dining at 2:30pm. All nice and neat and tidy!


This cabinet used to be in the dining room.

It's now in the living room behind the love seat. Remember the quilt I cut up and had on the wall? Well now it's lining this cabinet. It took quite some time to get it the right size, sew the ends to get a neat seam and figure out how to keep it in place. I ended up putting a few tiny nails in the cabinet. Probably not a smart move, but I don't ever intend to sell this 1950's cabinet, so who cares? Not me.

All in all I am pretty happy to finally have it all done. It was more work than I expected it to be, but then most everything I do is.

Needless to say, I did not get the main tree down. But that's OK as I am enjoying it this afternoon. We have big snowflakes falling and it's great to work in the kitchen with the tree lit and the snow falling.

I hope tomorrow I don't have to work so hard because every muscle in my body is sore right now!



5 comments:

  1. Wow girl..you have energy! I'm sure you are glad it's done.
    I chuckled when you said hubby is not smiling...
    I am so glad someone finally brought you cookies! I could have sent you some but I didn't think you just wanted crumbs..I once sent my aunt a vinetarta and it was all crumbs by the time she got it, she called to thank me for the delicious crumbs, how embarrassing is that??
    Make sure you have a restful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty,
    I think my energy for the week has finally run out. All I am doing tonight is reading blogs and maybe a bit of sewing.

    LOL. I was glad somebody took pity and brought me cookies, too! :)

    I don't think I have ever heard of a vinetarta. Is it a tart of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoey,
    The word is v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n!!!
    Honestly,I do the same thing!
    Thanks for stoppin' by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee whiz... I still want to know what vitamins you take! We all seem to have the winter blahs here already. Tomorrow we may be going down to my brother's to give his kids their gifts.
    Anyway-love what you did with the quilt inside the cabinet and how you are all organized now with your table linens and peach lusterware! I should really go through my china cabinet (which I dislike-it was my mother-in-laws and I want something white now and this is dark and ugly).
    Not much snow here. Glad you can still enjoy your tree for a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vientarta "cake" is actually rolled out and baked in layers and then the layers are put together with prune fillng...it is delicious! Check out cooks.com for the vientarta (Icelandic Cake)recipe and that will explain it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...