Sunday, December 23, 2007

Drum Roll, Please...........


Zoey has finished a quilt the same year she pieced it!

I owe it all to my baby sister, Tammy. She quilted it on her long arm machine. This is the first quilt I have made that is machine quilted. There is a lot to be said for the speed factor of machine quilting. I was amazed to see how difficult it really is to use on of those machines. It takes an incredible amount of skill to machine quilt.

Thank you Tammy! You did a great job.

I worked on the binding yesterday between cooking for the party. It was my break time activity. This morning I finished the last side.

I put it on the back of a chair in the family room. It joins my first snowman quilt that I made a number of years ago. Now I have a "snowman corner".


Well, off to wrap my "white elephant" gifts for the exchange tonight and to scrub floors and do an all around tidying up. Then I have to go find the linen and skirting for my buffet table, make a lettuce/fruit salad, wash the glasses for the beverages, find & wash 12 soup bowls, get the silverware arranged, ....oh, my goodness,I have a ton to do....what am I doing blogging???????????

I will tell you all about the party tomorrow. I am not the least bit stressed. I thrive on this sort of activity!

Bye...............Hope you are all having as great a day as I am!

5 comments:

  1. Scrub floors before company comes? Zoey, here's a time saving tip for you... just sweep and spot clean for company. Then AFTER the party, do the scrubbing, the floors will need it then.

    Your snowman corner looks very festive!

    Carol, May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice for your sister to finish off your snowman quilt which looks really nice.
    I also have to clean a bit more today and tomorrow for Christmas dinner. Thank goodness the heating pad helped me and I slept all night-yeah! : )
    Have a terrific time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, If I hadn't missed cleaning them last week, I probably could have gotten away with doing that. I certainly would have been easier.

    Dianne, Glad to hear you got a good night's sleep. Yes, it was very, very nice of Tammy to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt, Zoey! I love quilts but haven't made an attempt at making one..maybe someday I will tackle that project.
    Spot clean? I agree, nobody knows how often you clean except they will now because you told them but really, who checks??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snowman quilt. I didn't know you had a sister..
    Sending you warm wishes for a very Merry Christmas!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...