Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Treasure Hunt Game


I'd thought I'd post this game before tonight's event in case anyone is searching for a game to play for their own party.

I made a list of items that are located in one of the 4 rooms where the party goers will be.

One item to find is a "bronze-colored real egg with a chicken inside"







or a "peach-colored pine cone with peach tulle on the top" and "a head of faux lettuce".









The main purpose of this game is to get everyone up and moving. The death of a party is to have everyone plop down and never move again until they leave. Most of the men probably won't participate, but they can just be fuddy duds if they wish. :)

When they find all of the items, they get to pick a little present. Everybody loves to get presents, don't they? I have a lot of them to give out.

They are just little things and most are candy, like 10-pks of candy bars, big Dove bars, etc.

Last night everyone loved the "Christmas Cranberry" slush. Even one of the men drank it instead of beer.

One brother-in-law brought a hot crescent roll appetizer. He even played waiter and walked around serving everyone.
You have to love a man who dons an apron to serve dinner.

Yes, that's DH tying on his Christmas apron. Once everyone went through the buffet line to get salads and sandwiches, they went to the dining room and he took their soup order and served them .
It worked great as they would not have been able to carry the hot soup with everything else. Almost everyone wanted to try both soups (Cheeseburger chowder and Beef Lentil), so DH was kept busy!

All in all I think everyone had a good time. I was too busy participating to get any pics of the white elephant gift exchange. As usual there was one gift that everyone stole. Just when they thought the game was over, I pulled a surprise and read the Left/Right family Christmas story. Everyone had to pass their gift to the left/right when that word was said. So after they did all that stealing to get what they wanted, they ended up with something else! Ha, ha, ha.

Here is the gift I got.

I LOVE him! He will be holding some appetizer for tonight's party.


I hope a good time was had by all.

Eleven hours until the next party..............and if any of you who will be there are reading this, I will be changing the location of the items photographed for the treasure hunt, so don't think you know where they will be................. :)

6 comments:

  1. What a great gift, and it matches your snowmen quilts, as well. The soups look really tummy warming and I'm sure a good time was had by all!

    Merry Christmas to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your treasure hunt sounds like a great idea! We usually don't have parties here unless they are outside-more room for our 12 immediate members. Doing the hunt gives everyone a chance to really look at your decorations too.
    The food looked really delicious! Have a great time tonight too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful party! Great gift you ended up with. Congrats on finishing your snowman quilt. It's adorable. Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun you all had and I just love the snowman server you won!! May the joy that comes with Christmas Day remain with you throughout the year!! Merry Christmas dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...I can almost smell the soup!
    Great party...happy for you that all went well..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats it, I'm coming over to crash your party next year. I sooo need a dose of Christmas Spirit! this year, I haven't had any at all!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...