Thursday, December 20, 2007

Gingerbread Coffee & Chocolate Pretzels


When I got home from work this afternoon I immediately brewed a nice strong pot of coffee. I poured a bit of holiday-themed gingerbread creamer into my special "afternoon" coffee cup. I only use these glass cups for afternoon coffee with flavored creamer. It makes the coffee seem more special.

I really do believe that the type of cup (or glass) makes a big difference in the enjoyment of any beverage. I guess it's the you-eat-with-your-eyes theory.

Anyway I thought I'd just sit and watch TV and enjoy my coffee.

Well, that didn't happen. Before I was even 1/4 of the way finished with the coffee, I decided to get up and make some chocolate-covered pretzels.



I just melted one bag of milk chocolates chips in a tall drinking glass in the microwave. Using the tall drinking glass for the melted chocolate container makes it so much easier to dip the long pretzels. Once dipped I just rolled them in white chocolate mint pieces. I rolled a couple in peanut butter chips.

Then the real fun began.



A few weeks ago I made some boxes using pictures from past Christmases. While waiting for the chocolate to set, I cut out the boxes and glued them together.

I stuck in a small red cocktail napkin and inserted two pretzels.
Then I covered the whole thing with cellophane, tied it up and added a bit of ribbon or a bow.


I am happy with how they turned out. They will be a little treat for a few co-workers tomorrow. I will keep the ones in the glass cup.

7 comments:

  1. Zoey, you are the craftiest person I know in the entire blogosphere. And you never seem to sit still!
    Those pretzels will indeed delight your co-workers.

    Carol, May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have a hankerin' for some of those choc dipped pretzels...did ya have to Zoey?? Now I'm gonna have to tear myself away from the computer and go make some...
    I to agree that you are one crafty woman and I mean that in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever gift! I like how it's personalized by your pretty Christmas photos! I see those pretzels in the store and want to make them as they are pricey! I like the idea of the tall drinking glass to use for melting the chocolate. Can it be other than milk chocolate?
    You know what I'm dying to make-those multi-dipped apples! I had the recipes printed out, but they could be anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Zoey -never heard of chocolate dipped pretzels before - but I think I'm now a fan....vbg. Lovely way to present them too. Well done I'm sure the recipants will love them.

    Merry Christmas - I hope it's a good one for you and your family.

    Hugs

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, just YUM! I thought I was done with the Christmas baking and cooking, but I will have to run to the store to make these for the office party. You always give me the best ideas. I love the taste of sweet and savory together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made mine yesterday(read my last post)also Oreos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant!
    I started off reading your bah humbug post about the cookie failure~ BUT THIS. This makes up for any icky cookies I'd say. =D
    Merry Christmas Y'all!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...