Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's Good to be Home

I just got back from the dreaded meeting. I got up at 3 a.m. Four of us left at 4:30 am and just made the 9 am meeting. The meeting was not bad -- all about how to train employees to give quality customer service. I suspect I may be the one appointed to do the training, so I did pay attention. I was not the driver, so I took a few naps, but 3 am to 8 pm is still a long day. As soon as I finish this post, I will be hitting the bed as I have to be back to work at 6:45 a.m. Only two more work days and I will be taking a week's vacation. I am taking a week off to work in the gardens with emphasis on getting all of the deck containers planted. When I pulled out of my driveway at 4:00 a.m. this morning, guess what my headlights landed on? DEER EATING MORE OF MY PLANTS. They did not even run off, just looked in my direction, put their heads back down and continued chomping on my flowers. I was tempted to get out of the car and chase them out, but instead I just sighed loudly and headed to work. This is not shaping up to be a good garden year.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog via your website. I am stunned! You have a beautiful garden, and have inspired me to get outside and dig some more in my own. I hope you keep adding entries, because I would love to follow your garden through the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Steph. I am so glad I inspired you! I hope you will stop by again.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...