Monday, April 12, 2010

From the Forest Floor

Yesterday after I finished raking, I took a little stroll through the woods next to my gardens. Right away I spotted this big branch.

It's been here for years--all the bark is gone and something has been making holes in it.

Dianne, do these holes look like the ones you posted yesterday?


This branch is quite heavy, but something about it interested me, so I pulled it out and propped it against this pole to dry out (the underside was quite wet)


I am thinking there is some artistic expression (garden art)just waiting to burst forth from this piece. At the moment I have no idea what, but I am going to keep it around awhile and see if any idea comes to me.

Does anyone know what made those holes? I am thinking woodpeckers.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zoey! The holes in the blue spruce are rounder, but that may mean it's a different kind of woodpecker. Mine are fresher, yours look older to me. I do thing you've got a neat prop for a garden. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I'm thinking a woodpecker did those holes, probably a sapsucker. It is a neat branch and no doubt you'll think up of something unique to do with it:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...