Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Vacation

I am taking the next 4 days off work and spent all morning working on the jean quilt. I found some checked denim fabric in my stash and decided it would be perfect as alternate blocks. I centered the 4 black jean blocks and I will probably use 4 more to anchor each end when I decide how to finish it. I know I need a 12 inch border, but not sure what. I am thinking about hand quilting the unpieced blocks (someone slap me aside the head! I must be insane to even consider hand quilting denim). I will have to spend some time thining about it. I am not fond of tied quilts, so I thought if I quilted the checkered blocks and tied the pieced ones it might be a good compromise. Anyone have any ideas for the border?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...