Sunday, December 9, 2012

I Had a GREAT 3-Day Birthday Weekend

It was so relaxing.  DH whisked me away for three nights in a two-room jacuzzi suite where the only stress I had was trying to figure out which of the two in-house restaurants to go to and what to order for dinner. 

On Saturday night we went to a Bee Gees tribute dinner show.  I did not think I would like this show, but we both loved it!

I think we danced four dances--probably a record for me as dancing is not something I usually enjoy.

 These tribute shows always serve buffet dinners, which I am not fond of.  I much prefer a plated meal.  But this time they had a new entree -- Tilapia -- which I enjoyed.  I discovered it a couple of years ago at the restaurant at our hotel.  Tilapia is a very mild fish--never tastes "fishy", which is probably the reason it's so popular.  It is nice and flaky with little flavor on it's own so it is usually dredged in a  seasoned bread crumb coating.  Most of the people at our table liked it. 

I also found a new cocktail - vodka mixed with cranberry juice and orange juice.   I had two of them and did not even taste (or feel the effects of) the vodka.  If you don't really like alcohol, this is the drink for you.  If you prefer  a bit of a buzz, go for the lemon drop I posted a few days ago. :) 

When making the reservation, DH alerted the main host that it was my birthday.  He came up and wrapped his huge hard weight-lifting enhanced biceps around me for a big birthday hug--twice over the time we were there.  :)  I may be getting up there in age, but I'm not dead yet.  I can still appreciate a good strong bicep.

We attend a lot of shows at this place, so we have many friend there.   I hated to leave today to come back to the daily grind.

 
But as the saying goes, all good things must end.

 We are planning to go back there for New Year's Eve (depending on the weather).

Thank you all for the appreciated birthday wishes!   I can only hope my next birthday is as wonderful!



7 comments:

  1. Zoey- Happy Birthday again! It sounds like you had a wonderful (read that bicep wrapped) weekend. Love it- How sweet of your hubby to do that-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a great Birthday. I missed it as I wasn't around much last week. Time was spent with my mother and getting her in a nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Zoey..sounds like an awesome birthday celebration...sweet hubby you have...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That sounds like a blast! The Bee Gees were big the year I graduated from high school. I do like tilapia as it's like lobster a bit.
    And your room sounded divine as did that big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of fun and an especially nice birthday gift.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you had such a good time, Zoey. Your hubby planned it right:) Wishing you many more wonderful weekends like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I had gone there with you two. Sounds like you had fun

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...