Saturday, February 25, 2006

So Much For Cleaning

About 11:30 a.m. there was a knock on my door.

The mailman brought a package -- all my new books and a Cottage Living magazine.



What fun I will have now trying to decide what to make first.

You can bet it won't be anything from the flower book. Yikes! Just look how complicated and what tiny little pieces....


I did manage to do a little cooking.
This cabbage/beef/lentil soup with some garlic cheese bread made a hearty meal for a blustery day.


Oh, I almost forgot...when the mailman came, I was in the middle of making another block. I have been wanting to make a house block

and now I have.
I actually made it to see if it was something I might want to use as a border for this log cabin quilt I started last spring. I want to finish this quilt with a wide border, but the house doesn't seem to work for that, so back to the drawing board.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I love your house block. Those mountains look so realistic - although what would I know about snow and mountains.

    Glad you got to have a hearty meal before you settle down to some serious reading of those new books.

    Have Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ladies.
    I did not make it up, Brit. I found the pattern on the net. I think at Quilter's Cache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, where'd you find that recipe? Looks to me like there's another bean in there besides the lentils. Could I have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your log cabin quilt and the house block, too. You are such a busy, busy person! Do you ever find time to sleep? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting things in the mail, esp books! I bet you could do the flower squares-I guess that's hand-sewing rather then by machine.
    Your soup looked good. I was not allowed to eat anything spicy this weekend-darn! I was hungry too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the log cabin top turns into an UFO ... you can drop it into the mail to me. It is most beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soup recipe is my own recipe. A few years ago, I wrote down everything I put in so that it would always taste the same. I might still have it on a floppy or something. I will post it for you, Kathy, when I find it or when I feel like typing it all out again.:)

    Cindy, I am hoping to finish it soon, but since I can't decide how, it may very well sit another year...you know how that goes...

    Hi JK. There are few things in life I like better than getting into bed at night--lol. Nice to have you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dianne,
    I hope your feeling better.

    I could probably struggle through one of those flower blocks, but do I really WANT to? LOL. Did you see how small some of those pieces of fabric are? Like little fingernail size. I need a little more practice before I try those, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty block. You are a clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt block. LOVE the quilt(log cabin one that has the Ohio star right in it.) WOW....I can't wait to finish my rail fence..first one for me and maybe some day I'll get into the "bigger and harder ones" LOL I also like the quilt under your magazines you have laid out. Beautiful.

    Taracotta

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...