Monday, November 15, 2004

I had such a wonderful Sunday--got a lot done, but not in a frenzy. I handquilted 2.5 blocks in my log cabin quilt (only 97.5 to go!). I used a smallish round hoop to quilt while sitting on the sofa (leg recliner up) & watching 5 taped episodes of Gardener's Journal and a few FoodTv Country cooking shows. In between I did 3 loads of laundry, scrubbed 2 floors, changed the sheets on the bed, washed 2 inside windows (while DH did the outside)and made chili and tacos for dinner. I purchased a new leather thimble, thinking it would be easier to get that over long fingernails. It is easier, but I don't think I like it as well as the all metal ones. There is a small round metal center, but it seems difficult to hit the needle in exactly that spot to push it through. Later in the evening I spent an hour or so surfing quilting blogs. I am not exactly sure what direction this blog will take, or if I will ever learn how to do all the things I need to do--like linking with other related blogs, etc. I guess, first I need some loyal readers--or at least a reader. If anyone does actually read this, could you please leave a comment so I know you were here. If you have any helpful tidbits for a new blogger, I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog while surfing. I like your log cabin quilt. Keep up the writing!

    -Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken,
    Thank you for posting a comment. Someone actually found my blog! This is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...