Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Spinach Salad for Dinner

We love a fresh spinach salad with my homemade sweet poppy seed dressing. This salad has Spinach, fresh pineapple, avocado, tomatoes, hard-boiled egg, almonds, scallions, carrots, and bacon. Usually I use chicken breast, but this time I had leftover bacon to use up.
Here is my Poppy Seed Dressing: 2/3 cups canola oil 2/3 tsp salt 2/3 tsp onion powder 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds 2/3 tsp dry mustard 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup vinegar (I use Rice wine vinegar) I put everything in a pint Mason jar and shake, shake, shake. Just prior to serving I put the jar (without the lid) in the microwave for about 20 -30 seconds to warm it up and make sure all the sugar is dissolved.

3 comments:

  1. So nice to see you again. Thanks for the recipe, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you're blogging again. I used to just lurk on here now I intend to make my appreciation known. Your salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...