Sunday, June 7, 2015

Spring Garden is Shaping Up

I spent a few hours on Saturday doing some heavy-duty weeding in the perennial gardens.  Last week we had three nights of frost, so it's only the beginning of garden weather in lower northeast Michigan.

I am very happy with the garden so far this season.  I have never had so many iris ready to bloom! 


The deer have not eaten anything (yet), so I have dozens of Asiatic lilies that should bloom in early July (if our luck holds and the deer don't discover this diner before then).

I stood in my bedroom window and just took these photos:  This one is toward the road....

  The hostas are all looking good, too.  Can you see the circle of them way down the path?

I turned slightly to the right to show you the woodland side of the path.


A few degrees more toward the right shows the view toward the backyard rockwall garden.  I have three arbors and you have seen all three with these views.
I need to put a plant  inside the aqua milk can. I will find something soon.

Many years ago (like 20), I dug up a few lilac shoots from my childhood home.  They have never done much of anything.  Every five years or so, I moved them in hopes that someday I would be able to cut some lilacs for an indoor bouquet.................I had almost given up hope...until this year...I was thrilled to see a ton of flowers on the bushes....this is my second indoor bouquet of lilacs.......

I have really been enjoying this flower holder that I purchased a few months ago....I have used it for daffodils..
 
Easter eggs
 
Mixed spring flowers..........
fake  calla lilies.............
The possibilities are endless!  If you ever see one for sale, grab it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to leave a comment. I will try to answer any questions you have. Please note due to Blogger changing word verification so almost nobody can read it, I have had to change to no word verification and only allow registered users to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...